Private International Law II(HUK462)
|Course Code||Course Name||Semester||Theory||Practice||Lab||Credit||ECTS|
|HUK462||Private International Law II||8||4||0||0||4||5|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||Bachelor Degree|
|Course Instructor(s)||HATİCE ÖZDEMİR KOCASAKAL firstname.lastname@example.org (Email)|
|Objective||The course objective is to provide a detailed information on the Turkish International Procedural Law system and the application of procedural laws and other legal documents (international treaties) to the different private law disputes concerning a foreign element.|
Week 1. International jurisdiction of the Turkish Courts (general provisions)
Week 2. International jurisdiction of the Turkish Courts (general provisions)
Week 3. International jurisdiction of the Turkish Courts (specific provisions)
Week 4. International jurisdiction of the Turkish Courts (specific provisions)
Week 5. Important Issues of International Procedural Law
Week 6. Important Issues of International Procedural Law
Week 7. International Treaties about International Procedural Law
Week 8. Enforcement and recognition of decisions of foreign courts
Week 9. Enforcement and recognition of decisions of foreign courts
Week 10. Enforcement and recognition of arbitral awards
Week 11. Enforcement and recognition of arbitral awards
Week 12. Turkish International Arbitration Law
Week 13. Turkish International Arbitration Law
Week 14. New York Convention
|Course Learning Outcomes||Students who have successfully completed this course is capable of understanding Turkish International procedural law system as well as appliying necessary rules to determine international jurisdiction of the Turkish Courts and enforcement and recognition of decisions of foreign courts and arbitral awards.|
|Teaching and Learning Methods||The course is composed of lectures which discuss theoretical aspects and cases.|
1. Aysel ÇELİKEL / Bahadır ERDEM: Milletlerarası Özel Hukuk, İstanbul 2016.
2. Gülören TEKİNALP / Ayfer Uyanık: Milletlerarası Özel Hukuk: Bağlama Kuralları, İstanbul 2016.
3. Ergin NOMER: Devletler Hususi Hukuk, İstanbul, 2017.
4. Ziya AKINCI: Milletlerarası Tahkim, İstanbul, 2009.
5. Ata SAKMAR / Nuray EKŞİ / İlhan YILMAZ: Milletlerarası Özel Hukuk ve Usul Hukuku Hakkında Kanun ve Mahkeme Kararları, İstanbul, 2001.
6. Cemal ŞANLI / Emre ESEN / İnci ATAMAN - FİGANMEŞE, Milletlerarası Özel Hukuk (Vedat, 2016)
Contribution to Overall Grade
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
|Total Workload / 25||0,00|