The Diploma Supplement is a document attached to a higher education diploma aiming to enhance international ‘transparency' and facilitate the academic and professional recognition of knowledge, know-how and competencies acquired during the study period, as well as the original qualification to which this supplement is appended.
The Diploma Supplement is prepared according to a model jointly established by the European Commission, the European Council and UNESCO.
The Diploma Supplement offers to students:
- A diploma that is more readable and easily comparable abroad;
- A precise description of the academic curriculum and the competencies acquired during the study period;
- An objective description of their achievements and competencies;
- Easier access to further education or job opportunities abroad;
- Enhanced ability of professional integration.
One shall note that:
- The supplement is not a curriculum vitae (CV);
- It is not a substitute for the original qualification;
- It does not guarantee academic or professional recognition by itself.
Your Diploma Supplement will be given by Galatasaray University Registrar’s Office with your original qualification.